Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Spanish Mini Hollywood (Almeria province)



The Desert of Tabernas is Europe's only desert it is arid and resembles the type of landscape found in Arizona or Colorado in the USA, many films mostly westerns were made there as was an episode of Dr Who, There is a western town that was used as a film set called Fort Bravo which has facilities such as wooden. I think that this is the kind of place that you have never thought it exists in Europe. Not only the Desert of Tabernas is the place where many movies had been filmed, all the Almeria province is known as Mini Hollywood. There are hundreds of movies filmed there. The most popular are: Asterix at the Olympic Games, Cleopatra, King of Kings, Lawrence of Arabia and many more. After my residence in Almeria I had no idea of that. I was so surprised when they told me about that. Look at this photos. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment